Travelling to South Africa – Useful information
Host Country – South Africa
- The only country in the world to have hosted the Soccer, Cricket and Rugby World Cup
- The only country to have two Nobel Peace Prize Winners living on the same street
- Natural Beauty
- World Class Facilities
- Good Weather
- 11 official languages
Host City – Tshwane (The Jacaranda City)
- Capital of South Africa & administrative seat of Government
- Third-largest city in the world in terms of land area, after New York and Tokyo/Yokohama
- Academic, science and research hub
- Two nature reserves with big game such as rhino, antelope, lion and giraffe and a third boasting the Big 5.
Passports and Visas
We strongly advise all participants travelling to South Africa to check the relevant visa requirements and to apply for their visa at least 2 months in advance of the meeting.
Passports need to be valid for a minimum of 6 months after your departure date from South Africa.
It is the delegate’s responsibility to obtain the appropriate visa and the secretariat is unable to intervene in the process. We would also like to encourage all delegates to arrange their own health and travel insurance in advance of their journey to South Africa and ensure that they have the appropriate documentation with them at the congress.